Welcome to the third edition of our quarterly newsletter with news, updates and prayer requests!
Spring is here (I think!) and we are looking forward to new things!
- We are pleased to say that our application for separate charitable status has been submitted, after a much longer process than we expected, and we are now waiting for confirmation that Open House Shaftesbury is a registered charity in it’s own right! This will then give us access to more grants and funding opportunities.
- We were thrilled to learn that we came first in the Tesco Bags of Help scheme! Thank you so much to everyone who gave us their blue tokens in January and February – each one of them made a difference! As the first place charity we have been awarded an amazing £4000, which is earmarked for the training of more volunteers in benefits and housing advice.
- Our Store House project continues to keep us very busy. Dawn is doing an amazing job organising what is coming in and going out! A recent article in the Blackmore Vale Magazine, featuring Peter & Barry, has generated a lot of donations of furniture and appliances, and the team have been able to deliver to local residents in need.
- We said goodbye to one of our amazing volunteers recently. Odette has been on the team for over a year, manning our coffee bar every Tuesday. She has been such a blessing as she has diligently served and greeted everyone with her warm welcoming smile. We wish her all the very best as she takes up a new job in Salisbury.
- With Easter not far away now, we are planning a small Easter celebration to bless our clients. On Tuesday 16th April we’ll be closing our normal session an hour earlier and inviting our clients to join us for refreshments, cakes & hot cross buns. We will also hopefully have some craft activities for children and a small Easter egg for them to take home!
- We are really pleased to have Charles Beadle on the team, who has volunteered to help us with our fund raising and grant applications. Charles will be attending a course on May 9th (Developing a successful fundraising strategy for a Christian charity) which we are sure will give him lots of ideas for the future.
- As part of the Shaftesbury Fringe festival in July we will be hosting an Acoustic Café event, with all money raised going to Open House! We are really excited about this and are busily approaching local businesses and organisations for raffle prizes.
In order to continue the work that Store House is doing we need to maintain our van. Therefore we would really appreciate your urgent prayers for the finance to cover the cost of repairs and the MoT, which is due very soon.
Please pray for favour as we make grant applications and approach local businesses for support.
Please continue to pray for our volunteer team, for their blessing as they serve Open House and our clients. And that the Lord would prompt any new volunteers who wish to join the team.
Thank you for your support!
If you would like to know more about Open House or support us in any way please contact Helen on firstname.lastname@example.org