Welcome to the latest edition of our quarterly newsletter, updating you with all the news and prayer requests from Open House.
- It is less than a week to go until our fundraising event! Shaftesbury Acoustic Café are hosting an evenings entertainment at Fathers House on Saturday 6th July, and have kindly offered to donate all proceeds to Open house. Entry is free but there will be an opportunity to purchase refreshments and raffle tickets. We have some fantastic raffle prizes that have been donated by local businesses – including Tesco, Waitrose, Cranbornes, The Hair Shop and Virginia Hayward. We would love to see you there!
- Our application for separate charitable status is on going. We have recently given the Charity Commission lots of additional information about the project, what we do and our aims, and they are considering our application.
- After securing a £4000 grant from Tesco in March, for training, we have been able to send John and Diana to London for Universal Credit Overview and Welfare Benefits courses. Bev and Helen will be going in September for benefits training. We have also been able to send Charles on a Fundraising Workshop day and I’m sure this has inspired him to think of new ways in which we can raise money for Open House.
- As always Store House continues to be busy. We have had a steady stream of donations from local residents, but these have quickly been sent out to families in need! We find ourselves quite low on furniture at the moment – particularly beds, sofas, armchairs and appliances.
- Since our last newsletter we have said goodbye to Thelma. Thelma has been involved with Open House, as one of our benefits advisors, from the very beginning 4 years ago! We will really miss her but wish her well in her new job!
- We love to welcome new volunteers to the team and have several opportunities at the moment! We would like to train another person to work on our emergency aid team; we need someone to work alongside Charles to look at funding opportunities or, if you fancy a little challenge, why not join our Housing or Benefits team? You would work alongside our existing advisors and have the opportunity to learn and be trained. Please get in touch if you think you would like to volunteer in any capacity, we’d love to hear from you.
- Please continue to pray for favour on our charity application, that the Commission now has all the information they need to make a decision and that the decision comes through quickly.
- Continued applications for funding are essential so that we can carry on the work that we do. Please pray that we find new opportunities for funding and for an increase in regular giving from new supporters.
- Please pray for our volunteer team. Our existing volunteers, but also that the Lord brings us new volunteers who will be able to fill the roles needed to build a strong team.
Thank you for your support!
For more information about Open House or to support us in any way please contact Helen on firstname.lastname@example.org